Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Intrepid Teacher

Kiai is a three year old girl who has the opportunity to live and travel to various parts of the world. Most adults would be of the opinion that it is wasted and the child will not remember the experience. I know that they are living the experience right now and learning and growing because of it. With the addition of the pictures, comments, voice thread, letter, blog, Kiai will always have a gateway into what she did at such a young age. she will remember because of the technology and the enjoyment she has bonding with her father and the different culture.
My wife argues that taking my two year old daughter to Scotland is a waste and that until she is seven will not benefit from it much. I want my daughter to meet my family, see my home, take pictures, travel because it helps create who she is at such a young age. Our children have a window and should be allowed to look at everything possible through it because that is how we learn. My answer then to your question is "The only thing you are exposing a three year old girl too is creativity and you should be applauded."

click here to go to the intrepid teacher

4 comments:

  1. "My answer then to your question is 'The only thing you are exposing a three year old girl too is creativity and you should be applauded.' " An excellent response to Kaia's father!

    And as for Scotland - Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Strange did you watch Ginger's presentation? The wife controls the destinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great response to Kaia's father, and I think you're right about fostering the creative mind of a child. My own children traveled from an early age with my parents, and they both remember the landscape, snow, and their first sight of trees that reminded them of "broccoli." If they do not remember specific detail, it's not that important- in fact, as I've aged, I'm not that great with detail. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too true May. That is why families grew up looking through photo albums, to save memories and remember times together. You are an english (I will leave english lower case but only 'cause I am Scottish) major and must see that recitation, drama, writing, music, and the arts go hand in hand with learning.

    ReplyDelete