Saturday, August 22, 2009

Me, Myself, and I

Hello readers,

I am originally from Scotland (Glasgow) and moved to the United States when I was twenty years young. Most people looked at me like I was crazy when I told them that I was moving to Alabama because they are unfamiliar with the great state. First, the people are as friendly and laid back as anywhere I have ever been. The state is one of the least developed areas in the US and outdoor lovers can hike, climb, cycle, canoe, swim, fish, hunt, ski, inner tube, golf, and do many more activities every day of the year. Surrounded with wildlife, sea-life, and nightlife makes Alabama a great place to live. Where else can you walk on a cruise ship or an airplane today and for $300 travel across the country or to another one? Yet hardly use them because the state offers almost everything you want. Thank you for making me welcome in the state with the best beaches, cheapest seafood, and friendlies people.

My parent moved across the pond this year to reside in Rockcreek (making it a little easier to play golf) after traveling all over the world and love it. I love to play golf and live in Fairhope. I am begging to play as much as I can but have a beautiful two year old daughter and thirty five year old wife to consider. I shoot around the 80 mark on a regular bases and have had a best round of one over par. Never shot a hole in one but I plan on doing so every time I play. I am attending school to become a special education teacher at the high school level. My wife of twelve years is currently a high school forensics and zoology teacher. I worked with special needs people when I originally came to live in Alabama and now have the opportunity to gain a degree and do what I want. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Where in Scotland did you lie and/or grow up?

    My wife is a golfer. She is currently the Champion of the Ladies Golf Association at TimberCreek. She lives and breathes golf even though she started playing just 15 years ago. Three holes in one, two championships, 6th in the over 65 group in Alabama two years ago. And no interest at all in technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mainly from Glasgow, but I lived in small almost unheard of places at times. I moved to the US when I was 20 and my parents moved here this year from Scotland.

    None of us is quite as accomplished as your wife, but I do hope that in 15 years I can say "I hit a hole in one and know how to make a movie of it to show the class...and everyone else.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim,

    My name is Josh Burks, and I am a EDM 310 student in another class. We were assigned to read and comment on fellow students blogs. I chose your blog and think that you have one of the most unique backgrounds. Good luck with you studies and you have a beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete