Monday, August 31, 2009

Teaching with smartboards, Lesson 60

Click here If you want to go to their actual web site and see lessons

I went to a different cats to see if I could learn a little more about the smartboard and found this podcast above. It is a step by step interactive lesson on the smartboard that shows you various different things that can be done. The instructors give lesson ideas such as grouping kids together and having them come up to the board to solve the problem. I've never seen a smart-board and just wanted to know what the heck it was and does.

I could see how you could have the course content and lesson plan on hand and do a presentation for the smart- board would be really handy. It's like having an extra teacher in the class because the info is on the board and audio can be put in place to allow you to walk the class room checking and making sure no one is getting lost. Kids interacting with the board seems cool and can easily be changed back if need be. I still need hands on experience but this was Educational.

2 comments:

  1. We now have them on main campus and I understand that one is coming to Baldwin County campus. I was amazed at the headline last week in the Press register that smartboards put Mobile schools into the 21st century. MUCH more to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutelt. Most teachers will either not use them or use them as power point only.

    I was in a class the other day that used them fully to teach and highlight certain areas. It worked very well, but I have to say that I would have been recording the lesson so that I could use it if I was off the next time a class was learning that subject. Lesson plans as a catalogue or back up.

    What I would suggest is taking the lessons you plan on power point and making into an inter acting smart-board lesson-free from kids- emphasizing what you want them to lear, Then when you teach the class the work you could be checking they are getting it. Slowing it down or stopping it to clarify and ask for feedback. You could do a millions things with it if you plan and have very little resources.

    ReplyDelete